Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Grace and Nobility Under Fire

Soldier survives attack; captures, medically treats sniper (Video)

I challenge anyone to read this and watch this amazing video of the attack then come to the same conclusions about the conduct and character of the US fighting forces as Sen Dick Durbin.

• "If I read this to you and did not tell you that it was an FBI agent describing what Americans had done to prisoners in their control.  You would most certainly believe this must have been done by Nazis, Soviets in their gulags, or some mad regime -- Pol Pot or others -- that had no concern for human beings."

They support the troops my ass! Are we to believe our troops systematically treat people like Nazi's did...really? I know, I know, the above comments were about fantasies and mythology surrounding treatment at 'Gitmo'. Nevertheless I see this as all part of a disturbing 'theme and larger trend', from those who think some sort of domestic political gain can made from defining our efforts against terror as ignoble and routinely monstrous.


Reality it seems, appears to be 180 degrees different than the political class 'out of power' would like us to believe. I think this soldiers conduct is more common in this war than the "Dicks" of the world, would care to admit.


Just a few links to the true horrors of inhuman societies

The Legacy of Pol Pot: Page 1
No, Dick, It’s Just You…
Q&A: A fresh look at the Soviet 'Gulag Archipelago'
Blog | madison.com
The Gulag Archipelego vs. Amnesty International's 'Gulags'
BBC NEWS | World | Asia-Pacific | Pol Pot: Life of a tyrant
Barnes & Noble.com - The Gulag Archipelago 1918-1956

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The devil is just one man with a plan, but evil ... true evil is a collaboration of men which is what we have here today. If I am a guilty man, my crime is in daring to believe that the truth will out ... I believe it still. Much as you try to bury it, the truth is out there. Greater than your lies, the truth wants to be known. ...It'll come to you as it's come to me, faster than the speed of light. -agent Fox Mulder